What ingredients do you need to make homemade Greek lemonade with mint?
Refreshing Greek Summer Drink: Homemade Lemonade with a Twist of Mint
The hot summer days in Greece call for a refreshing drink that can quench your thirst and revitalize your senses. This homemade lemonade with a twist of mint is a perfect choice for those who want to enjoy a healthy and delicious beverage that captures the essence of Greek summer.
- 6 large lemons, juiced (around 1 cup lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Ice cubes (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, honey or sugar, and water. Stir well until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and stir again.
- Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld together.
- When ready to serve, pour the lemonade into glasses over ice cubes, if desired. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices, if desired.
Note: You can adjust the sweetness and the intensity of the mint flavor according to your taste.
Enjoy your refreshing Greek summer drink and let it take you on a journey to the azure waters of the Aegean Sea and the golden beaches of the Greek islands…