What are some traditional ingredients used in authentic Greek cuisine?
- 1 lb. lamb chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers and cook for 2 more minutes. Add eggplant, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, salt, and black pepper and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a baking dish.
- Sear the lamb chops in the same skillet over high heat for 2 minutes per side. Transfer the lamb chops to the baking dish and place on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and a side salad.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|