What are the key ingredients in the Tzatziki dip recipe mentioned in ‘Savor the Flavors of Greece’?
Savor the Flavors of Greece: A Delectable Tzatziki Dip Recipe
Unleash the vibrant aromas of the enchanting Mediterranean on your taste buds as you whip up this authentic Greek Tzatziki dip. A perfect companion to grilled meats or a beautiful spread on warm pita bread, this tangy yogurt-cucumber dip is the heart of Greek cuisine. Let’s begin our culinary voyage.
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt (full fat)
- 1 medium-sized Cucumber
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh Dill (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Begin by preparing your cucumber. Peel it, slice it in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Grate the cucumber and then squeeze out as much liquid as you can. This is a crucial step as it prevents your dip from becoming watered down.
- Take your drained, grated cucumber and place it into a large bowl.
- Add in your Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and finely chopped dill.
- Drizzle in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix it all together until the ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight. This gives the flavours a chance to mingle and intensify.
- Before serving, give it another good stir. You can garnish with a little extra dill or a drizzle of olive oil if you like. Tzatziki is best served chilled and is perfect with pita chips, vegetables or as a complement to any grilled meat. Enjoy!
Each serving of this Tzatziki dip provides approximately 60 calories, 4 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, and 1 gram of fiber.