What are the traditional ingredients used to make Greek frappé coffee?
Mediterranean Delight: How to Make Traditional Greek Frappé Coffee
Coffee is a staple in Greece, and one of the most popular ways to enjoy it is with a frappé. This iced coffee beverage is easy to make and incredibly refreshing, perfect for hot summer days. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a traditional Greek frappé coffee with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Cold water or milk to fill
- Place instant coffee and sugar in a cocktail shaker or a blender.
- Add 1/4 cup cold water.
- Shake or blend vigorously for about 30 seconds, until the mixture becomes frothy, creamy and light brown in color.
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the frothy mixture over the ice cubes.
- Add cold water or milk to fill the glass.
- Stir and enjoy your refreshing Greek frappé coffee!