What are some traditional Greek beverage recipes that can be made at home?
Greece is a country of rich history and culture, and their cuisine and beverages are no exception. Greek beverages have been enjoyed for centuries and have become a staple in their culture. From refreshing lemonade to crisp wines, Greek beverages are perfect for any occasion. Here are some refreshing homemade Greek beverage recipes to try at home and enjoy a taste of Greek tradition.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sugar syrup, and 3 cups water. Stir well.
- Add ice cubes to the pitcher and stir again. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1/2 cup pine resin
- In a large pot, warm the wine over medium heat.
- Add the pine resin and stir until it has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the wine through a cheesecloth to remove any remaining pieces of pine resin.
- Pour into a clean bottle and allow to sit for at least 24 hours before serving.