What are the basic ingredients needed to make a refreshing frappe at home?
If you have ever been to Greece in the summertime, you have probably seen locals sipping on a cold and frothy drink called frappe. This refreshing beverage is a staple of Greek culture and is perfect for hot summer days. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious frappe at home that will transport you straight to the Mediterranean coast.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- In a shaker or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix the instant coffee, sugar, and water until well combined.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 10 seconds until it becomes frothy and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Add milk if you desire and stir to combine.
Note: Traditionally, frappes are made with evaporated milk or condensed milk. However, you can use regular milk, almond milk, soy milk, or any other milk of your choice to customize your frappe.
- You can also enjoy your frappe without milk or substitute it with cold water for a lighter version.
- If you don’t have a shaker or a jar, you can use a blender or a whisk to mix the coffee, sugar, and water until frothy.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar and coffee to your taste preferences.
- Serve your frappe with a straw and a spoon to enjoy it fully.