What are some traditional Greek ingredients in a healthy breakfast recipe?
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5-6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Feta cheese
1. Start by heating the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion and green pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs with the salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano.
5. Once the tomato mixture has softened, pour in the egg mixture and stir everything together.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Make sure to stir the mixture occasionally to ensure even cooking.
7. Top with crumbled feta cheese and serve with olives and bread on the side.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to explore our website for more delicious and nutritious Greek cuisine! Click here for more recipes.