What are the key ingredients in this easy Greek lunch recipe?
Mediterranean Delight: Easy Greek Lunch Recipe
This Mediterranean-inspired lunch recipe is perfect for those who crave bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Greek food is known for its simplicity and use of wholesome and vibrant ingredients like olives, tomatoes, feta cheese and various herbs. This recipe is not only easy to make but also a healthier and refreshing alternative to traditional fast food options. So roll up your sleeves and let’s get started on this refreshing and traditional Greek lunch recipe that is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita bread or toasted baguette for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the diced cucumber, tomatoes, onions, olives and feta cheese.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Let the salad sit for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the salad with warm pita bread or toasted baguette on the side.
“This Greek-inspired salad is the perfect meal for hot summer days. It is quick and easy to make, yet full of bold flavors and fresh ingredients. The combination of juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, tangy olives, and creamy feta cheese make for a delicious and refreshing salad. So, the next time you are in the mood for a healthy and satisfying meal, give this Greek lunch recipe a try!”
Do you have a favorite Greek lunch recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!