What are the ingredients needed to make a Greek Frappé?
Looking for a refreshing drink to cool down on a hot summer day? Look no further than this Greek frappé recipe! Perfect for sipping on a terrace overlooking the Mediterranean, this frothy iced coffee will make you feel like you’re on holiday.
- 1-2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- Cold water
- Ice cubes
- Add the coffee and sugar into a cocktail shaker or a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add a splash of cold water (around 30ml) to the jar and close the lid.
- Shake the jar vigorously for about 10 seconds, until the coffee and sugar dissolve and froth up.
- Add a few ice cubes to a tall glass.
- Pour the frothy coffee mixture over the ice cubes.
- Add a splash of cold milk (around 30ml), or more to taste.
- Top up the glass with cold water, leaving about 2cm at the top for the foam to sit on.
- Using a spoon, gently spoon the foam on top of the coffee.
- Add more ice if desired, and stir gently.
Sipping on a Greek frappé can transport you to the Mediterranean, even if you’re stuck at home. With its frothy foam and sweet coffee flavor, it’s the perfect drink for a hot summer day. Try it out for yourself and let us know how it turns out!