What make this Greek appetizer recipe stand out from other Mediterranean dishes?
Get a Taste of Greece with this Delicious Greek Appetizer Recipe
If you’re looking for a way to transport your taste buds straight to the Mediterranean, this Greek appetizer recipe is the perfect way to do it! Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, these delicious feta and spinach triangles are sure to impress.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package phyllo dough, thawed
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley, feta cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and brush the inside of a 9×13 inch baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough into the dish and brush with butter. Repeat until you have 5 sheets of phyllo dough layered in the dish.
- Spoon the spinach and feta cheese mixture over the phyllo dough.
- Layer another 5 sheets of phyllo dough over the spinach mixture, brushing each layer with butter.
- Cut the top layer of phyllo dough into triangles.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
These delicious Greek appetizers are sure to be a hit with your friends and family. With crispy phyllo pastry on the outside and rich, savory spinach and feta cheese on the inside, they’re the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Best of all, they’re easy to make and can be prepared in advance, making them the perfect appetizer for any occasion. Try them out and taste the flavors of the Mediterranean today!