What are some of the key ingredients used in Greek vegan cuisine?
Flavors of the Mediterranean: Delicious Greek Vegan Recipe for You to Try!
If you’re looking for a healthy, vegan meal that features the bold flavors of the Mediterranean, you’ll love this recipe for Greek veggie bowls. These bowls are packed with fresh vegetables, whole grains, and traditional Greek ingredients like olives and feta (we’ll be using a vegan alternative). Serve them up with a side of homemade tzatziki sauce for a complete meal that will transport your taste buds to the sunny shores of Greece.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Homemade tzatziki sauce (see recipe below)
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper, sliced red onion, chopped kalamata olives, sliced pepperoncini peppers, and crumbled vegan feta cheese.
- Add the cooked rice to the bowl and toss everything together.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the top, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss everything together once more.
- Divide the mixture into bowls and serve with homemade tzatziki sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 English cucumber, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup vegan Greek-style yogurt (such as Kite Hill)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Combine the shredded or chopped cucumber, vegan Greek-style yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and dill in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
We hope you enjoy this Mediterranean-inspired vegan bowl recipe! Let us know how it turns out in the comments below.