What ingredients are typically included in a traditional Greek breakfast recipe?
Delicious and Nutritious: Traditional Greek Breakfast Recipe
Greek cuisine is known for its delicious and healthy food. One of the most popular meals in Greece is breakfast. A traditional Greek breakfast is not only delicious but also nutritious. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a traditional Greek breakfast that is easy to make and will satisfy your taste buds.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and pour them over the vegetables in the frying pan.
- Cook on low heat until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the eggs.
- Serve with bread and enjoy!
This traditional Greek breakfast dish is a great way to start your morning. It is packed with nutrients and will keep you full until lunchtime. Plus, it is easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Add some olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or spinach to the mix for some extra flavor. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it!