How does the addition of ouzo to the cocktail recipe give it a Greek flair?
Sip into Greece: A Delicious Ouzo Cocktail Recipe
If you love Greek flavors, you’ll definitely enjoy this refreshing ouzo cocktail. Ouzo is an anise-flavored liqueur that’s popular in Greece and Cyprus. This cocktail is perfect for a summer evening, and it’s easy to make! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 oz. ouzo
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. honey syrup (1:1 ratio of honey to water)
- 3-4 oz. sparkling water
- Lemon wedge and fresh mint sprig, for garnish
1. In a shaker, combine the ouzo, lemon juice, and honey syrup with ice.
2. Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice.
3. Top with sparkling water and stir gently.
4. Garnish with a lemon wedge and fresh mint sprig.
Enjoy this refreshing ouzo cocktail with your friends and family, and imagine yourself sipping it on a Greek island. Yamas!