What ingredients do I need to make a Greek frappe at home?
Opa! How to Make a Refreshing Greek Frappe in Minutes
If you’ve ever travelled to Greece, chances are you’ve tried a traditional Greek frappé. These frothy, refreshing drinks are a staple in Greek culture, enjoyed throughout the day as a pick-me-up or a way to beat the heat. Luckily, it’s easy to recreate this delicious beverage at home with just a few simple ingredients and a bit of elbow grease. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a classic Greek frappe in just minutes, no trip to Greece required!
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cold water
- Milk (optional)
- Ice cubes
- In a shaker or tall glass, combine the instant coffee and sugar.
- Add a small amount of cold water (about 1-2 tablespoons) and stir vigorously with a spoon or a frappe mixer until the mixture becomes frothy and light brown in color (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add more cold water to the shaker or glass, leaving some room for the ice cubes. Mix again until the coffee turns a creamy beige color and the froth rises to the top.
- Add ice cubes to the shaker or glass and stir well. If you like your coffee less strong, add milk to taste.
- Pour the frappe into a tall glass and serve immediately.
Congratulations! You’ve just made a traditional Greek frappe. Sip on it and enjoy its refreshing taste while imagining yourself relaxing in a Greek taverna overlooking the Aegean Sea. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for hot summer days when you need a quick caffeine fix. You can also experiment with different combinations, such as substituting the sugar with honey or adding a shot of flavored syrup. Opa!