What are the key ingredients in an authentic Greek breakfast?
Start your day with a healthy and delicious Greek breakfast! This Mediterranean-inspired meal is perfect for those who love the flavors of Greece and want to enjoy them in the morning. We have prepared an easy-to-follow recipe that includes feta cheese, olives, and tomatoes, all of which are typical of a traditional Greek breakfast.
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 Kalamata olives
- 50 g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Toast the bread in a toaster or on a grill.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and slice the olives.
- Crumble the feta cheese into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir gently until the eggs are cooked.
- Place the toasted bread on a plate and top with the scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese on top of the eggs.
- Enjoy your Mediterranean morning delight!
This Greek breakfast recipe is the perfect way to start your morning and get your day off to a delicious and healthy start. With only a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy the flavors of Greece at home, without the need to travel. So, next time you are in the mood for something different for breakfast, give this Mediterranean morning delight a try!