What are the ingredients needed to make an authentic Greek frappé?
Refreshing Recipe: Learn to Make Authentic Greek Frappé
If you’ve ever visited Greece during the summer months, chances are you’ve tried a refreshing frappé. This cold, frothy beverage is the perfect pick-me-up on a hot day. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make an authentic Greek frappé that you can enjoy any time, anywhere.
For one frappé:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Ice cubes
- Add the instant coffee, sugar, and 1/4 cup of water to a shaker or jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until the mix becomes thick, frothy, and light brown.
- Pour the frothy mix into a tall glass.
- Add ice cubes until the glass is about 3/4 full.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of water, followed by the evaporated milk.
- Stir everything together until combined.
- Sip and enjoy!
If you want to try something different with your frappé, here are some suggestions:
- Use almond milk or coconut milk instead of evaporated milk.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract for some extra flavor.
- Blend in some ice cream for a richer, creamier frappé.
There you have it – a delicious and authentic recipe for Greek frappé that you can easily make at home. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or trying to beat the heat, this refreshing drink is sure to hit the spot.