What are the key ingredients needed to make this Greek appetizer recipe?
Experience the flavors of Greece with this mouthwatering appetizer recipe. Whether you’re hosting a party or looking for a healthy snack, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So put on your dancing shoes, play some lively music, and get ready to say “opa!” as you enjoy this traditional Greek dish.
- 6-8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 can of sliced black olives, drained
- pita bread or crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt until well combined.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese, diced bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, and black olives. Toss gently until all ingredients are well coated in the dressing. Cover and chill the mixture for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, give the Greek salad a good stir, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with pita bread or crackers on the side for dipping and scooping up all the deliciousness.
Enjoy the bright and refreshing flavors of Greece with this easy and delicious appetizer recipe. Perfect for parties or for a light and healthy snack, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So get ready to say “opa!” as you savor the deliciousness of this traditional Greek dish.