What are the key ingredients in this Greek vegan recipe and how do they contribute to the overall flavor?
If you love Mediterranean food, you’ll fall in love with this delicious Greek vegan recipe! Not only is it full of vibrant flavors and aromas, but it’s also packed with nutrients that will nourish your body and satisfy your taste buds.
Whether you’re a vegan looking for new recipe ideas or simply looking for a nutritious and tasty meal, give this recipe a try today and prepare to be amazed by the magic of Mediterranean cuisine!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Place the eggplant rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cinnamon to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the roasted eggplant, parsley, and mint to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve hot with crusty bread or over a bed of cooked quinoa or brown rice.