What are the key ingredients in making authentic Greek Spanakopita?
Are you ready to take your taste buds on a tour of the Mediterranean? Then look no further than the classic Greek dish of spanakopita. This savory appetizer is made with layers of flaky phyllo dough filled with a delectable mixture of spinach and feta cheese. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a great way to get in some healthy greens. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dive into the recipe and discover the mouth-watering flavor of Greek spanakopita!
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (16 ounces) phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach, feta cheese, onion, eggs, dill, and parsley until well combined.
- Unroll phyllo dough and cut sheets to fit the baking dish.
- Brush melted butter onto a sheet of phyllo dough and place it in the bottom of the baking dish. Repeat with 7 more sheets, brushing each with butter.
- Add the spinach mixture on top of the 8th sheet of phyllo dough.
- Repeat the layering process with phyllo dough and butter, brushing each sheet with melted butter until you’ve used up all the phyllo dough.
- Brush the top layer of phyllo with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
And that’s it – a simple yet delicious recipe for Greek spanakopita that’s sure to be a hit at your next party or get-together. Whether you’re a fan of spinach or just looking for a new appetizer to add to your repertoire, this dish has a flavor that’s hard to resist. So why not give it a try and discover the mouth-watering flavor of Greek spanakopita for yourself!