Can this Tzatziki Dip appetizer recipe from Savoring Greece be easily adjusted for larger serving sizes?
Savoring Greece: A Simple Tzatziki Dip Appetizer Recipe
Welcome fellow culinary travellers! Today, we are venturing to the scenic Mediterranean shores of Greece renowned for its distinctive and flavorful cuisine. This simple Tzatziki dip recipe easily brings an authentic taste of Greece right into your kitchen. Tzatziki dip is a signature Greek appetizer, combining creamy Greek yogurt, fresh cucumbers, and herbs. It’s a refreshing and healthy dip that’s perfect for all your dipping needs. Without further ado, let’s begin our Greek culinary adventure.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Start with grating the cucumber. Once grated, place it in a colander, sprinkle some salt and let it sit for 10 minutes. This process helps remove excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Greek yogurt. Mix in the finely minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, and white vinegar.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber to get rid of any remaining water, then add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Add in the finely chopped fresh dill. Stir everything until the ingredients are well combined.
- Flavour your tzatziki with salt, black pepper and optionally, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
This amazingly easy Tzatziki dip recipe is all you need for a delightful Greek inspired appetizer. Enjoy this cool, creamy dip with warm pita bread, crisp veggies, or as a sauce for grilled meat. Bring the vibrant essence of Greece to your home with this Simple Tzatziki Dip Recipe and savor every bit of this Mediterranean delight. Kali Oreksi – ‘Bon Appetit’ in Greek!
Note: This healthy dip is best consumed fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.