What are the traditional Greek breakfast items?
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to start your day, look no further than this traditional Greek breakfast recipe! Rich in flavor and nutrients, this dish will leave you feeling energized and satisfied all morning long. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cucumber, red onion, and Kalamata olives.
- Add the sliced hard-boiled eggs and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Divide the salad into bowls or plates and serve immediately.
- Enjoy your Mediterranean delight!
There you have it, an authentic and tasty Greek breakfast that will transport you to the sunny shores of the Mediterranean. This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add more veggies and protein to their diet, and it’s also great for meal prep or brunch parties. So next time you’re craving something healthy and flavorful, try this Mediterranean delight!
Bon appétit! Καλή όρεξη!