What are some traditional Greek dishes that could be included in a Mediterranean-inspired dinner?
If you’re looking for a fresh, flavorful, and healthy dinner option, look no further than a Mediterranean-inspired meal. This recipe is packed with all the flavors of Greece, from the salty tang of feta cheese to the briny goodness of kalamata olives. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just looking for a new family favorite, this dish is sure to please.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup greek salad dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place chicken in a baking dish and pour greek salad dressing over the top. Make sure all sides of the chicken are coated in the dressing.
- Add the sliced onion and peppers to the baking dish, making sure to scatter them evenly around the chicken.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix together dried oregano, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the herb mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve hot, garnished with additional feta cheese and olives, if desired.
Tips and Tricks
- If you don’t have greek salad dressing, you can use olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic as a substitute.
- If you want to add more vegetables to this dish, feel free to throw in some chopped zucchini, yellow squash, or eggplant.
- The chicken can also be grilled instead of baked, depending on your preference.