What are the ingredients required to make the Feta-Stuffed Peppers meze dish?
Try This Delicious Greek Meze Dish: Feta-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Meze is a style of eating that originated in Greece and is characterized by a variety of small, flavorful dishes that are meant to be shared. This feta-stuffed pepper recipe is a perfect example of a meze dish. With its combination of tangy feta cheese and sweet roasted peppers, it’s sure to be a hit at any gathering.
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the feta cheese, quinoa, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Divide the mixture evenly among the bell peppers, pressing it down firmly.
- Place the bell peppers in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are soft and slightly browned on top.
- Serve the feta-stuffed peppers as an appetizer or side dish.
This feta-stuffed pepper recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s a great addition to any meze spread or as a standalone dish. Try it out and impress your guests with your culinary skills!