What is a Greek frappé and what are the main ingredients required to make one?
Sip into Summer with a Refreshing Greek Frappé Recipe
Summer is here and there’s nothing better than enjoying a refreshing drink in the sun. If you’re looking for something new to sip on, try making a Greek frappé! This iced coffee drink is easy to make and deliciously frothy.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- Ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- Put the instant coffee, sugar, and water into a cocktail shaker or blender.
- Shake or blend until the mixture becomes frothy and creamy, as this is what makes a frappé unique.
- Pour over a few ice cubes in a tall glass.
- Add milk to the top of the glass if you so desire.
- Enjoy your refreshing Greek frappé!
Note: The recipe is adjustable according to your preferred level of sweetness and coffee strength. You can add more or less sugar, coffee, or water, to taste.
A Frappé for Any Time of Day
Frappés aren’t just for coffee lovers or breakfast—they’re actually a popular drink for any time of day in Greece, thanks to their refreshing and frothy taste. Here are some ways to have your frappé:
- Morning: Have a frappé with your breakfast for a quick caffeine kick.
- Afternoon: Grab a frappé to sip on during your downtime in the sun. Add whipped cream on top to elevate the drink even more.
- Night: Take a frappé to a dinner party as a dessert drink. Top it with chocolate syrup or a scoop of ice cream for a sweeter taste.