What ingredients do you need to make a chicken gyro salad for lunch?
Delicious and Easy Greek Lunch Recipe: Chicken Gyro Salad
If you are looking for a refreshing and flavorful lunch option that is also easy to put together, this chicken gyro salad recipe is definitely worth trying. Made with tender chicken, fresh vegetables, and a tangy dressing, this salad packs a punch of protein and nutrients in every bite.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce
- In a large bowl, combine sliced chicken with olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad by layering mixed greens on a large platter. Top with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and kalamata olives.
- Once the chicken is done, add it to the salad on top of the vegetables.
- Serve the salad with a dollop of tzatziki sauce on top.
This chicken gyro salad is perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. It’s packed with flavor and nutrition, and can be customized to your taste with additional toppings or dressings. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate more Greek-inspired dishes into your meal rotation. Enjoy!