What are the key ingredients for this Greek breakfast recipe?
Step into the Warmth of Greece with this Delicious Breakfast Recipe
Wake up to the aroma of this classic Greek breakfast dish that will transport you to the sunny beaches and crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean. Make a batch of this savory delight and enjoy it with your loved ones as you soak up the warmth and beauty of Greece.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add water, salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes with their liquid and parsley.
- Cover and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Experience the flavors and aromas of Greece with this delightful breakfast recipe. Start your day off right and transport yourself to the sunny Mediterranean with each savory bite.