What are some key ingredients in this Greek dinner recipe that make it truly authentic?
Mouthwatering Greek Delights
Are you looking to take your taste buds on a culinary journey? Look no further than this authentic Greek dinner recipe! From savory spices to succulent meats, this dish will transport you straight to the Mediterranean.
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, and black pepper.
- Add the lamb cubes to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly in the spice mixture.
- Transfer the lamb to a large, oven-safe baking dish. Pour in the lemon juice and broth.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the foil from the baking dish and bake for another 30 minutes, until the lamb is golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
There you have it – a delicious and authentic Greek dinner recipe that will have your taste buds singing! From the tender lamb to the flavorful spices, this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So fire up your oven and get ready to take a culinary trip to the Mediterranean!