What are the key ingredients in this traditional Greek breakfast recipe?
Mythical Delight: A Traditional Greek Breakfast recipe
Start your day off right with this delicious and nutritious Greek breakfast recipe!
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad just before serving.