What are the key ingredients in this easy Greek lunch recipe?
If you’re looking for a light and satisfying lunch recipe with a Mediterranean twist, this easy Greek salad and pita combo is just what you need. Packed with fresh veggies, tangy feta cheese, and a flavorful homemade dressing, this delicious meal is sure to please your taste buds and keep you energized throughout the day.
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the whole wheat pita breads on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until toasted and crispy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss well to coat.
- Cut the toasted pita breads in half and stuff them with the Greek salad mixture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This Greek salad and pita combo serves 4 people and is perfect for lunch or a light dinner. You can also customize it by adding your favorite fresh herbs, such as fresh parsley or basil, for extra flavor and nutrition. Enjoy!