What are some of the key ingredients in this vegan spanakopita recipe?
Mouthwatering Spinach and Feta Vegan Spanakopita – A Greek Delight!
This vegan version of spanakopita, a traditional Greek dish, is full of delicious flavors. The combination of spinach and feta, wrapped in phyllo pastry, creates a mouthwatering treat that everyone will love.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 16 phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- Olive oil for brushing the phyllo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the melted vegan butter, onion, garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the vegan feta cheese, parsley, scallions, and dill.
- Layer 8 sheets of phyllo pastry in the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking dish, brushing each sheet with olive oil as you go.
- Spoon the spinach and feta mixture on top of the phyllo pastry.
- Layer the remaining 8 sheets of phyllo pastry on top, brushing each sheet with olive oil as you go.
- Bake the spanakopita in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This mouthwatering spinach and feta vegan spanakopita is a perfect dish for any occasion. It’s easy to make and full of delicious flavors. Your family and friends will love it!