Can you explain the process of making Strapatsada as part of a classic Greek breakfast?
Creating a Classic Greek Breakfast: The Authentic Strapatsada Recipe
Welcome to our Greek Cuisine series! Today, we are taking a culinary journey to the heart of Greece and exploring one of its beloved breakfast classics—Strapatsada. Also known as ‘Greek scrambled eggs,’ Strapatsada is a simple, hearty dish that is guaranteed to fuel your day. Let’s venture into the vibrant world of Greek cuisine and make some authentic Strapatsada!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and stir well. Continue cooking until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the grated tomatoes and tomato paste to the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper, then let the mix simmer until most of the tomato water evaporates. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
- While the tomato mixture is simmering, beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Once the tomato mixture has reduced, pour the eggs over it.
- Stir gently until the scrambled eggs are cooked to your liking. Make sure to keep the heat low - patience is key here!
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and mix just before the eggs have fully set.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley. Strapatsada is best paired with a slice of warm bread.
There you have it—the authentic Greek Strapatsada recipe! This dish, brimming with succulent tomatoes, creamy feta cheese, and perfectly scrambled eggs, offers a satisfying taste of Greece right at your breakfast table. Not only is it straightforward to make, but it’s also an exquisite way to start your day. Enjoy this Greek breakfast classic, and stay tuned for more exciting recipes from our Greek Cuisine series!