What are some traditional Greek ingredients that are used in this Greek lunch recipe?
Greek cuisine is known for its fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and healthy recipes. This Greek lunch recipe is no exception. It’s quick and easy to make, perfect for a busy weekday lunch. Here’s how to make it:
For the Salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and Kalamata olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top of the salad and serve.
This Greek lunch recipe is perfect for those who love bold flavors and fresh, healthy ingredients. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s a great way to add some variety to your weekday lunch routine. Give it a try and savor the flavors of Greece!