What are some of the key ingredients used in traditional Greek dinner recipes?
- 1 lb lamb, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season lamb with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook lamb until browned on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until lamb is fully cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or pita bread.