What are the key ingredients in this Greek lunch recipe and how do they contribute to the overall flavor profile?
Greek cuisine is known for its use of fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and rich history. It’s no surprise that Greek food has become so popular all over the world. In this article, we’ll be sharing a quick and easy Greek lunch recipe that will give you a taste of the Mediterranean in no time! Whether you’re hosting a lunch party or just looking for a new meal to add to your weekly rotation, this Greek lunch recipe is sure to please.
- 2 large pita breads
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the Greek yogurt, garlic, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm the pita breads on the grill for 30 seconds per side.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the yogurt mixture on the inside of each pita bread, then adding the chicken and vegetable mixture. Fold in half and serve immediately.
You don’t have to travel to Greece to taste authentic Greek flavors. By following this quick and easy Greek lunch recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy a tasty Mediterranean meal in the comfort of your own home. Give it a try and let us know what you think!