What are the ingredients for traditional Greek lemonade?
When the weather starts getting warmer, nothing is more refreshing than a chilled glass of lemonade. This Greek twist on the classic lemonade recipe is perfect for a hot summer day. The combination of fresh lemon juice, honey and mint makes the drink sweet, tangy and thirst-quenching. Serve it with some ice cubes and a slice of lemon and you have the perfect drink for any outdoor party or a lazy day in the sun.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Lemon slices and mint sprigs for garnish
- In a large pitcher, stir together the lemon juice, honey, and 1 cup of water until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and muddle with a wooden spoon to release their flavor.
- Add the remaining water and stir well.
- Refrigerate the lemonade for at least 30 minutes or until it is chilled.
- Serve the lemonade over ice and garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs if desired.