What are the key ingredients needed to make an authentic Greek Frappé?
Indulge in Tradition: Authentic Greek Frappé Recipe
Greece has a rich history and culture, and one of its most popular traditions is the frappé. This refreshing iced coffee drink is enjoyed by Greeks and tourists alike during the hot summer months. In this recipe, we will teach you how to make an authentic Greek frappé so you can indulge in this delicious tradition from the comfort of your own home.
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of cold milk
- Ice cubes
- In a shaker or sealable container, combine the instant coffee, sugar, and cold water.
- Close the shaker and shake it vigorously for about 10 seconds. You should see a rich and frothy texture start to form.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the coffee mixture over the ice cubes, making sure to scrape all of the froth into the glass.
- Add the cold milk to the glass and stir it well.
- Your authentic Greek frappé is now ready! Enjoy it on a hot day, or any time you need a refreshing pick-me-up!
The frappé may have been invented in Greece in the 1950s, but its popularity has spread around the globe. Next time you want to indulge in a delicious iced coffee, skip the chain coffee shops and make an authentic Greek frappé at home. With its frothy texture and rich flavor, this coffee drink is sure to become a favorite for coffee lovers everywhere.