Can you suggest a traditional PAA Greek breakfast recipe to start my day the Mediterranean way?
Start Your Day the Mediterranean Way: A Delightful Greek Breakfast Recipe
Kick start your day with a healthy, flavoursome Mediterranean twist; dive in to a delightful Greek breakfast! We’ll be using authentic Greek ingredients to whip up a meal that is light, nutritious, and most importantly – delicious. This meal will certainly provide a much-needed morning boost and transport you to the sunny landscapes of Greece. So, embrace the Greek lifestyle and let’s get started!
Frappe Coffee, Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts, and Greek-Style Scrambled Eggs (Strapatsada)
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee (Nescafe Original highly recommended)
- A cup of cold water
- Milk and sugar to taste
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- A handful of crushed walnuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ripe tomato, grated
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Frappe Coffee: Take a shaker or mixer and add your instant coffee and sugar. Add a splash of cold water and give it a vigorous shake or blend until foam forms. Pour into a tall glass and add ice cubes, cold water, and milk to taste.
- Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts: Into each serving bowl, add a cup of Greek yogurt. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top.
- Greek-Style Scrambled Eggs (Strapatsada): Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the sliced onions till they are soft. Add the grated tomato, salt, and pepper into the pan. Stir occasionally over medium heat until most of the tomato juice evaporates. Break the eggs into the pan and stir until they are fully cooked.
Enjoy this delightful Greek breakfast with a slice of fresh bread on the side, or perhaps even a Greek salad, and next thing you know, you’re basking in the Greek sun!
There you have it, a customary, wholesome Greek breakfast to get your day off to an exciting start. The Frappe coffee with its invigorating flavours, the decadent Greek yogurt sweetened with honey and the crunchy walnuts, teamed with the savoury delight of Strapatsada, bring together the essence of Greece in a meal.
Start your day the Mediterranean way and imbibe the healthy habits of Greek cuisine. So, until next time, ‘Kali orexi’ or as we say in English, ’Bon Appétit’!