What are the ingredients needed for the Greek-inspired dinner recipe?
Greek Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 6 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the cooked rice, chopped onion, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and undrained diced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Divide the beef and rice mixture evenly among the peppers. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top of the peppers and continue to bake for 10-15 more minutes or until cheese has melted and peppers are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.