What are the ingredients needed for the traditional Greek beverage recipe mentioned in the title?
Transport your taste buds to Greece with this delicious and refreshing traditional beverage recipe. This recipe is easy to make and uses fresh and simple ingredients that are readily available. You’ll be sipping on this flavorful drink in no time!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup ouzo (optional)
- In a large pitcher, whisk together the lemon juice and honey until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Add in the water and stir to combine.
- Chop the mint leaves and add them to the pitcher.
- Add the ouzo (if using) and stir well to combine.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the chilled beverage over ice and garnish with fresh mint leaves and lemon slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
This traditional Greek beverage is the perfect addition to any summer gathering or barbecue. The combination of fresh lemon and mint with a touch of honey and ouzo is sure to transport you to the sunny shores of Greece. So gather your ingredients and summon the flavors of Greece with this refreshing beverage!