What are some traditional Greek ingredients used in vegan Mediterranean cooking?
Mediterranean Magic: Try This Delicious Greek Vegan Recipe!
If you’re a fan of Mediterranean cuisine and looking for a delicious vegan recipe to add to your repertoire, you’ll love this Greek-inspired dish packed with flavorful ingredients and plant-based protein.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa well in a fine-mesh strainer and transfer to a small saucepan with vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, olives, parsley, and mint.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!
This Greek-inspired vegan recipe is perfect for meal prep, potlucks, or a quick weeknight dinner. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavors that will transport you straight to the Mediterranean. Give it a try and let us know what you think!