What are the traditional ingredients of a Greek ouzo cocktail?
Greek ouzo is a traditional drink made from distilled anise and other herbs, which creates a strong, sweet and refreshing flavor. It is a perfect drink to enjoy during sunny afternoons in Greece or anywhere else in the world. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a traditional Greek ouzo cocktail that will revitalize your taste buds and bring a little bit of Greece to your home.
|Lemon juice||1 oz|
|Sugar syrup||1 oz|
|Sparkling water||1 oz|
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add ouzo, lemon juice, and sugar syrup to the shaker.
- Shake the shaker vigorously for about 10 seconds until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Top the cocktail with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and serve.
- To make the sugar syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool before using it in the cocktail.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar syrup and lemon juice to your taste.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor.
- You can skip the sparkling water if you prefer a stronger drink.