What are some common ingredients in a traditional Greek breakfast?
- 1 lb. feta cheese (preferably Greek)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, red onion, garlic, parsley, dill, mint, oregano, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the feta mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, and serve hot with crusty bread.