What are some common flavors and ingredients used in Greek cuisine?
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add bell peppers and red onion to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture on a large baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley.
- Warm pita breads in the oven or on a grill pan.
- To assemble, place a spoonful of the chicken mixture on each pita, top with a dollop of tzatziki sauce, and fold the pita over.