What are the traditional ingredients commonly used in Greek cuisine?
If you have a taste for Mediterranean cuisine, then you’ll love this authentic Greek recipe. Follow these easy steps and enjoy a delicious lunch that will transport you to the streets of Athens.
- 1 lb. of ground lamb or beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. of ground allspice
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, onion, garlic, parsley, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into small oval-shaped meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your traditional Greek meatballs with a side of mixed greens salad and freshly baked pita bread. A dollop of tzatziki or hummus sauce on the side is also a great option!