What ingredients are needed to make this Greek beverage recipe?
Get ready to be whisked away to the beautiful country of Greece with this refreshing and easy-to-make beverage recipe. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this drink is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and orange juice to the saucepan and stir well.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into a large glass pitcher and add the sprig of fresh mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to let the flavors blend together.
- When you are ready to serve, fill a glass with crushed ice and pour the beverage over it.
- Garnish with extra mint leaves and a slice of lemon or orange if desired.
- Enjoy this refreshing drink that will transport you to the beautiful country of Greece.