What ingredients are needed to make authentic Greek saganaki appetizer?
Melt-In-Your-Mouth: Authentic Greek Saganaki Appetizer Recipe
Learn how to make an authentic Greek saganaki appetizer that will melt in your mouth. A perfect salty, cheesy, and flavorful treat to make for yourself or for entertaining guests.
- 1 block of Greek Kefalotyri cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Cut the Kefalotyri cheese into slices that are about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and coat each slice of cheese with flour on both sides.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the cheese slices to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese is golden brown and melted. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan, so as to avoid the cheese slices sticking together.
5. Remove the cheese slices from the pan and place them onto a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
6. Serve the saganaki immediately with wedges of lemon on the side.
Enjoy this delicious and authentic Greek saganaki appetizer with family and friends. For more Greek recipes, check out our website!