What inspired the creation of this Greek-inspired vegan dish featuring tomato and olive stuffed peppers?
Greek-Inspired Vegan Delight: Tomato and Olive Stuffed Peppers
By Your Name
This Greek-inspired vegan delight is a perfect way to celebrate the Mediterranean cuisine without any animal products. Tomato and Olive Stuffed Peppers are not just tasty but also a great source of vitamins and fiber.
The recipe is simple and easy to follow, so let’s get started!
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Cut off the tops of the red bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes inside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly divide the mixture among the four peppers and place them in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the filling is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your Greek-Inspired Vegan Delight!