What ingredients are needed to create a traditional Greek dinner recipe?
Mediterranean Magic: A Traditional Greek Dinner Recipe
Looking for a delicious and healthy dinner recipe that will transport you to the sunny shores of Greece? Look no further than this traditional Greek dinner recipe that’s sure to please your taste buds and nourish your body with all the goodness of the Mediterranean.
- 1 lb of lamb or beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives
- Crumbled feta cheese, for serving
- Fresh oregano, for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the lamb or beef and sauté until browned on all sides.
- Add the white wine, dried oregano, ground cinnamon, and tomato paste.
- Cook for a minute or two, then add the canned chopped tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, and Kalamata olives.
- Cover the Dutch oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the meat is cooked through.
- Serve hot with crumbled feta cheese and fresh oregano as garnish.
There you have it – a delectable and authentic Greek dinner recipe that’s sure to become a family favorite. This dish is packed with the flavors of the Mediterranean, and it’s a great way to get some healthy protein and veggies into your diet. Serve it up with a glass of white wine and some crusty bread, and you’ll be ready for a night of casual dining and fun with family or friends. Enjoy!