What are some of the signature ingredients in an authentic Greek breakfast recipe?
Start Your Day with a Taste of Greece
Experience the delicious and authentic Greek breakfasts with this recipe
Traditional Greek Breakfast Recipe
Greek breakfasts offer a wide range of flavors and textures, and they are often accompanied by strong coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice or tea. Start your day like the Greeks do and try our authentic Greek breakfast recipe.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Slices of feta cheese and Kalamata olives to serve
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy.
- Gradually beat in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the rice, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Gradually stir in the egg mixture, parsley, and dill.
- Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled, with feta cheese and Kalamata olives on the side.