How is Greek Saganaki typically prepared and what ingredients are used?
Indulge in the Deliciousness of Greek Saganaki – The Perfect Appetizer!
If you’re a fan of cheesy appetizers, you’ve got to try Greek saganaki. This Greek appetizer is made with Kefalotiri or Kefalograviera cheese, which is fried until golden brown and bubbly. It’s typically served with lemon wedges to squeeze over the top and a sprinkle of dried oregano. It’s a simple but oh-so-delicious snack that’s perfect for just about any occasion.
- 1/2 lb. Kefalotiri or Kefalograviera cheese, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Place the flour and oregano in a shallow dish and mix to combine.
- Dredge the cheese slices in the flour mixture until coated on all sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cheese slices to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cheese to a serving plate and squeeze lemon juice over the top.
- Sprinkle with additional dried oregano if desired.
Greek saganaki is a delicious and easy appetizer that’s great for entertaining guests or enjoying as a snack. The crispy, golden cheese pairs perfectly with the bright, tangy flavor of lemon juice and dried oregano. Give this classic Greek dish a try and indulge in its deliciousness!